Morning, everybody! I’m back in your inbox this morning to walk you through everything you need to know about what’s happening in Johns Creek these days. Here’s the lowdown…
First, today’s weather:
A stray afternoon t-storm. High: 89 Low: 70.
Big love to our first local sponsor. We couldn’t keep the community informed without you!
Looking to Sell or Buy a home in the Johns Creek area? Talk to Alan Horne at Weichert Vision. Alan has over 38 years of experience in three different countries selling homes and matching buyers with the home of their dreams. His attention to detail and focus on his clients make Alan so easy to work with, and based on his market knowledge of our area, he’s a local resident and expert you can trust. Call Alan at (678) 562-7158 for a free home valuation or visit him here to learn more.
Want to see your business featured in this spot? Click here to get started.
Here are the top three stories today in Johns Creek:
- Road crews are continuing work on the Bell Road bridge in Johns Creek that is over the Cauley Creek tributary between Rogers Bridge (South) and Bellacree Road. Crews are replacing the bridge over the tributary as well as the pedestrian bridge. Currently, Bell Road is closed and motorists can use Rogers Bridge Road as a detour. (City of Johns Creek, Georgia – Government)
- Summer is the best time to bring a furry friend into your family! Patch and Petfinder have created a list of all the dogs, cats, and other pets available for adoption in Johns Creek. To see pictures and pet details, visit Patch. (Johns Creek Patch)
- At Januray’s Strategic Planning Retreat, Johns Creek City Council established strategic priorities to advance this year. Now you can see the 6-month progress update of these initiatives, including ongoing projects, process adjustments, and upcoming initiatives. Watch this videoto see the 6 months of changes! (City of Johns Creek, Georgia – Government)
From our sponsor:
Are you a Johns Creek resident looking for an investment alternative to the stock market?
Bloomberg recently asked experts where they’d invest $100,000 right now, and many of them had the same answer: fine art.
Thinking you can’t afford a Picasso? Well in 2012, Congress passed the JOBS Act, which allowed for the securitization of artwork. A company called Masterworks.io built the largest platform for buying and selling art securities. In the past, you could only buy shares of companies like Apple, but with this investing app, you can unlock this powerful investment.
Meaning, you can invest in shares of million-dollar artwork. And in uncertain times, it turns out, fine art may be a wise investment. Here’s why:
- Low correlation to stocks according to Citi
- Contemporary art historically returns 23.2% when inflation is >3%
- Contemporary art prices outpaced the S&P 500 by 164% (1995-2021)
To learn more, visit Masterworks.io, where Johns Creek Daily readers can skip the waitlist.
See important Reg A Disclosures
Today in Johns Creek:
- Park Place Movies At Newtown School (10:00 AM)
- Suwanee Summer Porch Jam At Suwanee Historic Old Town (6:00 PM)
From my notebook:
- The Johns Creek Police Department threw some cubes in our coffee to beat the heat at Seven Oaks. Thank you to the American-Indian-Asian Community for inviting us out! (Johns Creek Police Department via Facebook)
- The Johns Creek Arts Center would like to thank the Johns Creek Chamber of Commerce for hosting, and all the ladies for attending, the morning coffee and networking at the absolutely Divine Coffee Co. (Johns Creek Arts Center via Facebook)
- One Johns Creek is a coalition of community partners and individuals committed to reducing youth substance misuse while creating a thriving culture of wellness by delivering prevention strategies. This anonymous survey will help identify stressors that you experience in parenting and how you cope with that stress. Please respond by June 27th to the following survey. (Johns Creek Chamber of Commerce via Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- Bytes & Brews (2022 Series) (June 24)
- Atlanta Canada Fest!!! presented by Hafeez Fazal & Register Financial (June 25)
- North Point Young Adults Field Day (June 30)
- Add your event
Gigs & services:
Now you’re in the loop and ready to head out the door on this Friday! See you all tomorrow morning for your next update.
— Dan Casarella
About me: Dan Casarella is a writer, podcast producer, and small business development specialist who formerly worked in late-night television. He’s produced many talk segments, including with President Joe Biden, Kobe Bryant, and Chadwick Boseman. Dan studied Media Studies and Production at Temple University. He also enjoys running, painting, and the highs and lows of Philadelphia’s sports teams.