Hello, everybody! I’m here right on time with your fresh copy of the Dearborn Daily, filled with all the community information you need to know right now. Here goes…
First, today’s weather:
Mostly sunny; low humidity. High: 84 Low: 61.
Here are the top stories in Dearborn today:
- A Dearborn Heights man was wednesday after he was convicted of shooting a Detroit woman to death in 2013. The Michigan Supreme Court vacated part of Ted Wafer’s original verdict and resentenced him to 15-30 years in prison after they said his constitutional rights were violated the report said. (Dearborn Patch)
- For the first time since the pandemic, Detroit’s riverfront fireworks will light the sky over downtown on Monday. The 64th annual Ford Fireworks show, presented by the Parade Company, will take place from 9:55 pm to 11 pm Monday, June 27, under the tagline “Hey Detroit! The Sky Shines for You.” (Detroit Patch)
- Dearborn Area Pets Up For Adoption: Meet Lydon and More. (Dearborn Patch)
Today in Dearborn:
- No Meeting – Dearborn Rotary Club (12:00 AM)
- Pension Board Meeting – City of Dearborn – City Public Meetings (8:30 AM)
- Public Museum Hours – Automotive Hall of Fame (10:00 AM)
- Veg Michigan: Embracing a Plant-Based Lifestyle (6:30 PM)
From my notebook:
- City of Dearborn Government: “Dearborn – there is another HEAT ADVISORY in place today! Stay cool & healthy by staying indoors, drinking fluids, & more tips below from Dearborn Public Health. There are cooling centers available across the city. See graphics below for…” ( City of Dearborn Government via Facebook)
- Dearborn Area Chamber of Commerce: “Our annual Golf Outing hosted at the Lakes of Taylor Golf Club is SOLD OUT!! Thanks to our presenting sponsor DMC Sports Medicine along with all our other wonderful sponsors for making this awesome event happen each year! If you missed o…” (Dearborn Area Chamber of Commerce via Facebook)
- Dearborn Parks & Recreation: “Dearborn Ice Skating Center – DISC’s Learn to Skate program offers quality instruction for many comprehensive skills using the US Figure Skating guidelines and standards. Professional instructors conduct class in a positive atmosphere, m…” (Dearborn Parks & Recreation via Facebook)
- Nextdoor Neighbor, Dearborn Park: “Called Tallon due to ceiling leak in back bedroom. – Shockingly, Tallon out of business and Napier took over. Service call free to Tallon customers. Rep came out and looked at ceiling plaster and said it doesn’t loom like water leak. Ju …” (Nextdoor)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- The Sound of Music, presented by Grosse Pointe Theatre, takes the stage June 24-July 3 (June 24)
- Add your event
That’s it for today. I’ll see you soon!
— Dylan Siwicki
About me: I was born and raised on Detroit’s Westside, in the hard working blue-collar Polish neighborhood of Warrendale. I’m a Detroit Public School graduate who fought hard to earn my education. My aspiration into journalism came as a young kid, when I began following the corruption scandal of forming Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick. My first break in to the journalism world began with the opportunity to work at the Michigan Journal, where I primarily reported on campus and local news throughout the Dearborn community. I eventually worked my way to news editor. So with first-hand experience growing up in a tight-knit neighborhood, I know the importance of delivering news and telling stories that impact local communities. And as a breaking news editor at Patch for Metro Detroit, it’s my job to deliver that news. So feel free to contact me about news tips or your own unique experiences at email@example.com
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Dearborn Daily? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org